Guest Review Insights provides in-depth analysis of hotel reviews by amenity
Seattle, Wash, March 22, 2017 – Expedia, Inc., the world’s largest online travel company, today announced Guest Review Insights, a new sentiment analysis tool to help hotels manage and improve their online reputation, and as a result, attract more travelers while maximizing guest experiences on property.
Guest reviews are valuable to both hotels and potential guests, but extracting actionable insights from them can be time consuming and costly, leaving many hotels without a complete and detailed understanding of what guests love about their property today and what are possible detractors to keep an eye on.
According to Phocuswright, 53% of travelers don’t commit to a booking until they read reviews. Understanding online reviews can increase a company’s online brand reputation with past and future guests and can positively impact online bookings.
With Guest Review Insights, hundreds, or sometimes even thousands, of reviews are organized and analyzed automatically to provide hotel partners with actionable insights: hotels can quickly understand what amenities and services guests are raving about as well as guest experience opportunities moving forward.
- Aggregated Reviews Analysis: The Guest Review Insights tool automatically reads every guest review Expedia has received in the past year, summarizing guest sentiment by amenity and service offerings.
- Categorized Pre-Filtered Insights: Hotels can filter favorable and unfavorable guest sentiment for the most popular amenities mentioned across all their guest reviews, such as breakfast, pool, gym, customer service, cleanliness and many more.
- Competitive Comparison: Hotels can compare their amenity insights and scores against competitive hotels of their choosing to assess which services are relative strengths or represent areas for improvement. This targeted competitive view can help inform future investments.
- Trend Identification: Trend graphs enable hotels to track guest feedback over time, allowing them to view how changes to their property, service levels or policies impact the overall guest experience. For instance, if a property has a negative gym score, they might make improvements to their gym facilities or equipment, and immediately see how this impacts the guest experience.
“We’re constantly developing our platform to best meet partner needs, which in this case, is helping hoteliers make the most of guest feedback and drive action accordingly for the most impact and highest return,” said Benoit Jolin, vice president, lodging product at Expedia, Inc. “By providing intelligent review insights, hotels are more informed and in a better position than ever to manager their online reputation.”
Guest Review Insights is available through Expedia® PartnerCentral (EPC), the Company’s robust, self-service partner portal. The initial rollout of Guest Review Insights is underway to English speaking properties in early 2017.
To find out more about transforming guest reviews into actionable insights, check out the Discover Expedia blog post.
About Expedia, Inc.
Expedia, Inc. (NASDAQ: EXPE) is the world’s largest online travel company, with an extensive brand portfolio that includes leading online travel brands, such as:
- Expedia.com®, a leading full service online travel company with localized sites in 33 countries
- Hotels.com®, a leading global lodging expert operating 89 localized websites in 39 languages with its award winning Hotels.com® Rewards loyalty program
- Orbitz Worldwide, including leading U.S. travel websites Orbitz.com and CheapTickets.com, as well as ebookers, a full service travel brand with websites in seven European countries
- Expedia® Affiliate Network (EAN), a global B2B brand that powers the hotel business of leading airlines, top consumer brands, online travel agencies and thousands of other partners through its API and template solutions
- trivago®, a leading online hotel search platform with sites in 55 countries worldwide
- HomeAway®, a global online marketplace for the vacation rental industry, which also includes the VRBO, VacationRentals.com and BedandBreakfast.com brands, among others
- Egencia®, a leading corporate travel management company
- Travelocity®, a leading online travel brand in the U.S. and Canada delivering customer service when and where our customers need it with the Customer 1st Guarantee
- Hotwire®, inspiring spontaneous travel through Hot Rate® deals
- Expedia® Media Solutions, the advertising sales division of Expedia, Inc. that builds media partnerships and enables brand advertisers to target a highly-qualified audience of travel consumers
- Wotif Group, a leading portfolio of travel brands including com®, Wotif.co.nz, lastminute.com.au®, lastminute.co.nz and travel.com.au®
- Classic Vacations®, a top luxury travel specialist
- CarRentals.com™, a premier online car rental booking company with localized sites in 13 countries
- Expedia Local Expert®, a provider of online and in-market concierge services, activities, experiences and ground transportation in over a thousand destinations worldwide
- Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, a provider of exceptional value and expert advice for travelers booking cruises and vacations through its network of over 230 retail travel agency franchises across North America
For corporate and industry news and views, visit us at www.expediainc.com or follow us on Twitter @expediainc.