Thank you for your interest in contributing an article to AAHOA’s Today’s Hotelier magazine, the official monthly magazine of the Asian American Hotel Owners Association (AAHOA).
To inquire about guest authors submission opportunities, visit our submissions page and fill out the form here.
Our magazine not only serves members of AAHOA but is intended to serve the industry with thoughtful commentary, coverage of trends, and actionable best practices to help industry professionals do their jobs better. AAHOA and Today’s Hotelier do not accept payment for any submissions to the magazine or website.
We’re seeking articles specifically written for our audience covering the following topics:
- COVID-19 recovery
- Management and leadership
- Housekeeping and maintenance
- Compliance and legal
- Guest experience
- Food and beverage
- HR and employee relations
- Marketing and social media
- Real estate and investment
- Sales and revenue management
- Sustainability in hospitality
- Hotel operations
We will consider guest contributions only if the following conditions are met:
- The manuscript must focus on a topic of interest of AAHOA membership and offer best practices.
- “Advertorials” are not acceptable, and content must refrain from any type of marketing or
- Your company name must not appear in the text of the manuscript; however a tagline at the end can provide a short author/company biography along with your company name and contact information.
- Authors must comply with all submission deadlines. Adequate advance due date notice will be given, and stories must be emailed.
- Manuscripts must be no more than 2,000 words.
- Manuscripts must be submitted electronically as a Microsoft Word document, a Google Doc, or in the body of an email (not a PDF).
- Include contact information: author’s name, title, organization, location (this will be included at the end of the article), and how the author can be reached, along with a brief author biography. A headshot also is requested but not required.
- Articles are addressed specifically to our audience and deal with matters and concerns relevant to excellence in hotel business management and hospitality.
- Articles are appropriate to the subject matter and consistent with AAHOA interests.
- Articles cover the topic substantively and present new information or add a new slant to existing practices.
- The information presented in the articles is technically accurate.
- The article must be approved by the managing editor and AAHOA: All manuscripts undergo a review process, and there is no guarantee that a submission will be published.
- All manuscripts accepted for a publication are subject to editing.
- Accompanying images are welcome but are not guaranteed publication.
- Submissions that coordinate with the 2020 editorial calendar and monthly themes are given first consideration.
Understand that the editorial plan set forth determines whether available space exists for guest articles. If you would like to submit an article for consideration or have any further questions, please contact the managing editor of Today’s Hotelier at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2021 Themes, Submission Deadlines
- JANUARY The Hotel Industry During COVID-19: Nov. 11, 2020
- FEBRUARY Great Expectations: Dec. 7, 2020
- MARCH The Independent Hoteliers Issue: Dec. 29, 2020
- APRIL The Diversity Issue: Jan. 26, 2021
- MAY The Security Issue: Feb. 23, 2021
- JUNE The Tech Issue: March 23, 2021
- JULY The Future of the Hotel Industry: April 20, 2021
- AUGUST The Convention Issue: May 18, 2021
- SEPTEMBER The Leadership Issue: June 15, 2021
- OCTOBER The Marketing Issue: July 13, 2021
- NOVEMBER The Advocacy Issue: Aug. 10, 2021
- DECEMBER The Money Issue: Sept. 7, 2021